The positive tested Luca Withe (Leipzig) and Lukas Martens (Magdeburg) traveled on Sunday as well as Christoph Steiner (Erlangen), Till Glimpse (Regular), Fibril M’dengue (Porto) and Sebastian Firer (Erlangen).
Like DHB sports director Axel Kramer after the Sweden game (21:25) announced, four more national players will leave the German EM district in Bratislava on Monday. Two candidates will remain here, where we still have the hope that they may be able to run against Russia, said Kramer.
Even on Friday, national coach Alfred Gílson had expressed hope for a return of some positively tested players. However, the comeback of Hendrik Wagner, who was allowed to leave Corona isolation after two negative PCR tests as the first DHB actor and gave his EM debut on Sunday evening, did not run as desired.
Overall, there were 13 corona cases in the German team so far, including several power carriers such as goalkeepers Andreas Wolff, the back room players Julius Kuhn and Kai Hefner and right outside Time Fastening. We all have presented ourselves something else for this tournament, but of course, in advance, we have prepared us on return journey from infections, Kramer said, We wish all the mild lovers as possible and a quick return on one hundred percent fitness.
Medical release necessary
The return journey has also been accelerated because for the Grow the positively tested players the opportunities for a re-entry into the tournament dwindle. After two negative PCR tests, a medical release would also be necessary. This would be based on a sports medical and cardio logical examination in the Universityikum Vienna – at Wagner there was the release. The rest is known.